Founded on January 7, 1946, Johnson Bros. Oil Company is a supplier of gasoline, diesel and kerosene fuels, solvents and offers a complete line of lubricants including fleet, hydraulic, machine, farm, aviation and gear oils and greases. The company was a small operation when it started, supplying only Ector County until 1951 when the company purchased territory in Midland County.
Brothers Homer, Roy, Ernest, and Herbert Johnson were the original founders of the company. Homer was the oldest and was in the Phillips 66 wholesale business in Levelland, Texas when the opportunity in Odessa because available. Homer contacted Roy, who was farming at the time. Roy made the difficult decision to leave the farm to become the manager of the business. Ernest and Herbert returned from service in World War II in early 1946-47 and joined their brothers in the business. After graduating from Texas Tech University in 1973, Herbert's son, Gary, began his career in the family company in 1975 and became an owner in 1980.
In the beginning, the business was located on a fifty foot dirt lot with a small office and storage capacity. In 1951, the company purchased an additional 50 ft. and enlarged their storage capacity. In 1955, an old Texaco yard and 60 x 140 ft. warehouse was purchased and added to their site.
During drilling booms in the 1950s and 60's, the company would service drilling rigs on a 24-hr basis. In the earlier years, Johnson Bros. Merchandise was received by freight train and it took everyone to get the freight unloaded, including the Phillips 66 salesmen. During this time, the company was servicing nearly 15 service stations and 35 oil field drilling rigs, as well as numerous other customer accounts that were growing just as quickly as Johnson Bros. Today, Herbert and Gary and their wives, Betty and Laurie, are the company's remaining stockholders.
Contact us now to learn more about Johnson Bros. Oil Company or call us today at (432) 332-6821